NAIC Annuity Training
The NAIC Suitability and Annuity Training Course is a one-time, four hour course required by certain states in order to sell annuities of all kinds. The states require this course when selling annuities in a particular state, even if it is not your resident state.
These states also required the agents to complete a carrier-specific product training course that must be completed prior to taking an annuity application; however some carriers require agents in all states to complete the specific product training course, noted below.
Please note that the NAIC Suitability and Annuity Training course and the specific product training course are two separate courses. You only need to complete the NAIC course once and it is reciprocal for all states! There are many states that have adopted this requirement.
To find the current list of states requiring the four hour NAIC Suitability and Annuity Training visit https://secure.reged.com/TrainingPlatform/. The states in dark purple require the course and the states in light purple the requirement is pending, but will be required in the near future.
TAKING THE COURSE
- Visit www.reged.com
- Click “Continuing Education” in the top menu.
- Select “Annuity Training Platform”.
- Register for the website by clicking “Register”. If you are already registered please log in.
- Select the course #390 NAIC Suitability and Annuity Training for your home state or the state you are writing business in.
- You will need the Company Code – ATP
- Complete the course.
- Print the “Completion Certificate” and forward to Karen Reece at Market Share via email or fax.
YOU ONLY NEED TO COMPLETE THIS COURSE ONCE FOR ALL 50 STATES!